What are Polypeptides?
Polypeptides are some of the most important building blocks of life. Polypeptides are made up of amino acids. Amino acids form the backbone of proteins. If two or more amino acids are linked together (by something called a peptide bond), they are referred to as peptides. If a chain has more than a few dozen amino acids, it is referred to as a polypeptide. In essence, polypeptides are small proteins.
Polypeptides perform numerous important functions throughout the body. For example, some polypeptides become enzymes that can give instructions to various cells, organs, and tissues. Other polypeptides play important roles in repairing broken protein structures.
For these reasons, polypeptides have been an important area of research in the field of medicine. As more functions of polypeptides have been uncovered, helpful supplements have been produced to try to provide the numerous benefits of polypeptides in the form of supplements.
Some of the benefits of polypeptides include:
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Can be used to kill certain microbes
- Many polypeptides help reduce inflammation and prevent cell damage
- Certain polypeptides can be used to prevent blood clots from forming while others can stop bleeding
- Polypeptides play an important role in the function of the immune system
- A few polypeptides even act as antioxidants
For all of these reasons, polypeptides remain an active area of research. Polypeptide supplements can help people with muscle recovery, increased energy, weight loss and more depending on your individual needs. Contact us to schedule a consultation.
Great for: Quick Recovery, Sports Injuries and Athletes.